Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ode to 80's sitcoms (some 70s also)

As I was adding new songs onto my playlist I thought I would find theme songs to old TV sitcoms that I enjoyed. As a child I always would sing to them along with all the commercials too. It was so fun to listen to these old theme songs from tv shows I loved as a child, they bring back so many memories! It makes me so happy to hear songs I love. Somedays I just love to get out my karoake and sing until my throat hurts. I love to sing even though I am not very good.

Ok, here is my tribute to some of my favorite TV sitcoms back when I was a kid. Family Ties (alltime favorite!!!) I loved Alex P. Keaton in Family Ties and his sister Mallory too- in fact if I had two more kids my boy would be Keaton and my girl would be Mallory.


FAMILY TIES


Growing Pains- I think I liked the show so much because of Kirk Cameron. Wasn't he the cutest! Everybody was in love with him back then and we all had our teeny bopper magazine pin ups hanging in our rooms.



And my last tribute to classic TV- Welcome Back Kotter. What a great show! I was to young to be in love with John Travolta but I thought Arnold Horshack was the funniest character on the show. He was the nerd who always snorted when he laughed. I would always call my brother horshack as an insult.


.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I remember you singing along with the television. It used to drive me crazy. Robyn has started doing the same thing -- singing along with the show songs as well as commercials. She's definetely related to you. :)

Susan said...

Oh, and my favorite tv song is the theme song from Cheers. Love that song!