Saturday, May 1, 2010

rocket ships

In cub scouts this year they decided to build rocket ships instead of the traditional pinewood derby cars. At first we were really disappointed. The boys really like to race their cars and plus this was Masons first year in scouts but once the day came to launch the rockets they had a blast. Each scout got to launch theirs twice. I ended up making the rocket ships by myself and I was a little worried about whether or not they would launch. Haydens turned out fine but Masons had a little problem, but they both shot up in the air really far and the boys had a great time. When we left Mason asked me when we could do rocket ships again.



3 comments:

Denise said...

How fun! We haven't gotten into scouts yet. I couldn't decide whether or not to put J into the school pack or wait until he is old enough for church scouts. I still don't know which one I will do. I'm glad that you were able to make the ships. I don't think that is something that I would ever be able to do.

Susan said...

What fun! Launching rockets sounds cool.

CourtneyB said...

I'm so glad your boys had fun! It was neat to see all the rockets taking off. Definitely an activity designed to appeal to boys! (: